Where I'll Be... February Events

Happy February!!! 1 month down 11 more to go! Actually, I'm not going to think about it like that I have very open welcoming arms for 2011 and I am excited that all is to come with it. January was soo busy right? At least for me it was. APA had lots of great events that if you were involved in the photo community I hope you were able to check out. I didnt have time to post them here (Sorry!!! I know I said I would, Im trying to do better, hence this post!) You can always keep track of what that APA Midwest is doing by joinging us on Facebook here 

So anyway here we are February! The month of love, BLACK HISTORY MONTH! This month is a tease as it only lasts 28days. and there is a lot going on! 
Outside of hanging out with the photography community I ama regular girl that loves to hang out and chill with the sexy people of Chicago and have a good time.  Here are a few places that I will be stopping through this month and if you are around you should defeiunitly do the same!

HERE IS WHERE I WILL BE THIS MONTH AND YOU SHOULD CHECK SOME OF THESE THINGS OUT TOO!

Friday Feb 4, FIRST FRIDAY NIGHT LIVE!! presented by 80s Babies! Remeka and Jermaine some of the coolest kids I know and there parties are fun! I dont get to them as much as I would like but I def plan to be there tomorrow!! So you should come through too! FREE from 9-10 when you say 80s babies, after that $5

Friday, Feb 4 , THE MASHUP'S at Rodan with Kennedy Ashinze from Casa DeSoul & Josh Deep.Kennedy and I have worked together for his new editorial project and these mashups have been my first Friday home for the past 2 or 3 months. If you like deep house music this is  a great spot to be. Its at Rodan and there is NO COVER! I will be here too!

Wednesday, Feb 16, APA/ASMP BAR Night. This is a great place to come and kickback mix and mingle with photographers, producers, reps, makeup and  hairstylists..All the photo community comes out to have fun and chat it up. Its Free! ProGear buy appetizers and the Clutch bar give $1 off drinks! Good Times indeed!

Sunday February 13, ASMP Chicago/Midwest Brunch Meeting, Another great social event for the photo community!! This particular Sunday we are going to check out the Windy City Rollers after!! I've never been to the roller derby so I'm excited for this one. Brunch is free to ASMP Members. It all starts at 10am at the Stanleys on Racine

Thursday February 24, I'm most looking forward to seeing Deborah Willis at DuSable Museum as she Examines Race & Photography in African American Imagery. Check this out for sure!! Details Here

Okay I think that's a good start I know there is a hip hop show or two that I am missing in this list but I will add those soon enough!! 

Oh and check out my facebook pages! I am featuring black artists that you should definitely know about! See that here!

What types of things are you checking out this month?

Thanks for reading!!
 





2 comments

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Steph, always keeping busy...I swear. Reminding me to get on my Black History Month blogging thing.

Anonymous said...

Way to stay busy lmoa, ur ass is always into something! Got me wanting to get my Black History blogging in like I know I should right now too.

Stephanie Graham, Studio Blog. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.