Print Exchange with the SPE Multicultural Caucus

Back in January I was presented with the opportunity to participate in a print exchange with the members of the Society of Photographic Education Multicultural Caucus! Fun idea right! I thought so, a great way to share and collect work from others in the community, so I jumped right on it

If you are a heavy printer (which I am not) I don't have to tell you how much work it is to make 28 prints and sign them.. and cut them down..ALOT OF WORK!!  3 trips to Blick Art Supply and 2 trips to Calumet for ink. I printed an image from my Wal-Mart Project series on Calumet Brilliant Museum Satin Matte white paper and it worked out beautifully!! As much work as it was, it was actually sort of peaceful to be one with my work and loading my printer, adjusting levels, test strips watching it print, goofing on Twitter. I have a printer and small workspace at my parents house so my mom was bringing me snacks, and meals LOL, needless to say this whole experience was worth it.

Here is a picture I took with my iPhone of my images drying on the floor

and I stayed in this hat the entire weekend LOL (again from my iPhone) its a fine art image, the blur=fine art.. Just kidding but nice try right :)


Woo Hoo!!!

*UPDATE*
I FINALLY received my portfolio in the mail and I have yet to sit and go through it but once I get through it will post it for all of you too see!

In the meantime check out the work of all of those that participated in the print exchange

No comments

Stephanie Graham, Studio Blog. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.