Random Chick at Caribou

So I come to Caribou Coffee to get some work done. It was quite in here until about a half hour ago. A woman asks me if she can share my table with me. "OF COURSE" I said to her. I was really only using half the table anyway and thee was nowhere to really sit. We exchange small weather talk and I go back to my photoshop and emails.
She asks me "Can you believe all this weather?"
"I know I tell her, it is freezing outside."
Now it is very clear to see that I am busy, so that should have been the end of our conversation
"what did you order" she asks me?
"A hazelnut steamer" I go quickly back to her work.
NOW HERE SHE GO?

"Do you think this weather has to do with Global Warming?"
I DONT MEAN TO BE MEAN YALL BUT I AM WORKING I CAME TO CARIBOU FOR FREE INTERNET AND A WARM BEV. NOT COFFEE TALK .....DAMN!
"hmmmm, its hard to say." I quickly say while typing so that she can get the hint, that I jsut dont have time for this. "

OH YEAH- LITTLE UNKNOWN FACT THIS CHICK TOLD ME, BECAUSE SHE DID CONTINUE TO ASK ME RANDOM QUESTIONS, TRYING TO KICK OFF A DIALOG

Walt Disney died of Cancer and had his body frozen. WOW! I didn't know that. I asked her if he did that, are they suppose to try to bring him back if a cancer is found.

SHE SAYS: OH WHAT THE HEY!!! THE OLD BAG HAD TO MANY ERRORS, LEAVE HIM AS HE IS.
Then she starts cracking up
OOOOOOKKAAAAAYYYYY
LADY. whatever

now she wants to know what what i am doing. You know what, I appreciate the small talk and I love talking to strangers, but now is not the moment. JESUS SAVE US.

No comments

Stephanie Graham, Studio Blog. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.