Retirement Saving

You know when I was in the fourth grade I my teacher would pass out these weekly readers. I remember an article in there suggesting that children start having retirement funds. The savings account my parents started for me became my savings account and I did pretty well with it until I decided to become an artist and go to college and other different things in my life.
That was awhile ago, I just wanted to show how I was at some point in my life finacnially savvy.

Sitting in the waiting room of the dentist office today I picked up this financial magazine. There was an article that talked about retiring rich. At the age of 25 this is what I need to do
  • Save $268.00 each month
  • Invest 100% of my money into stocks
  • BE SURE THAT I AM CONTRIBUTING TO MY 401(k)
  • Make an easily accessible account with interest of 4% or more
  • Pay down credit cards and other high interest debt
As much as I would love to follow these guidelines they are just not realistic for a film/photography hustler such as myself. It really put into perspective for me that I need to start to think about this now that I am 25. I have thought about it before but now I really need too.

Hmmmmmm. Just a thought. As a freelancer, I don’t have a 401(k) I am researching individual 401(k) so I will let yall know what I find.


I did a Google search and found the magazine. It was Kiplingers.
Check it out here:
How to save a million

No comments

Stephanie Graham, Studio Blog. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.